Monday, May 4, 2009

From inspiration to design process leading to the final model..

Although quite abstract the models structure is taken from the axonometric and parallel projection sketches of number 4 (see earlier post). The two scientist which I have developed a working studio and central meeting place for are Alfred Nobel and Jacques-Yves Cousteau. Both scientist contributed differently and very significantly to the their individual scientific fields.
The Alfred Nobel quotes: Home is where I work and I work everywhere ~ If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied.
The architectural space which I developed for Nobel was addressing such conceptual ideas of; diversity, integration between inside and outside working environments and ‘ordered chaos’ in a welcoming environment; And Jacques-Yves CousteauI am not a scientist, I am rather, an impresario of scientist
In designing this area the ideas which I was addressing were ones of representing the use of environmentally sound material, whilst still being extravagant, and a creative and ordered environment which could assist in his logical thought process.

No comments:

Post a Comment