Monday, May 18, 2009

Power and The News - Our clients

After 20 years of tireless invention, Madonna is not only still at the top but has emerged as the First Lady of Pop. – to the disappointment of critics who typically believe that by now she should have been punished for her sins. This is mid-life Madonna

THICK, wide-ribbed cream tights, bamboo-heeled wedges and a subtly silver brocade coat: those are the season's must-haves. How do we know? Miuccia Prada of course.

Q: Do you wear clothes by any other designers?

A: "Only if they are dead or poor!"

To those who’ve known the President since boyhood, it’s not just those “dreams from my father” that make Obama, but also his mother’s daring, his grandmother’s grit, and his own relentless drive.

‘You’re the senate president now, and with that, you have a lot of pow-er.” Jones stretched out the word, as if savoring the pleasure of it, and his voice became very quiet as he continued: “And I told Barack, ‘You think I got a lot of pow-er now?,’ and he said, ‘Yeah, you got a lot of pow-er.’ And I said, ‘What kind of pow-er do I have?’ He said, ‘You have the pow-er to make a United States sen-a-tor!” Jones let out a soft, smoky laugh. “I said to Barack, I said, ‘That sounds good!’ I said, ‘I haven’t even thought of that.’ I said, ‘Do you have someone in mind you think I could make?,’ and he said, ‘Yeah. Me.’

references

Whole new twist: A digital renaissance beached by the credit crunch

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/03/obama200803

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/people/contrasting-fortunes-as-madonna-and-jacko-turn-50-20090403-9ruh.html

No comments:

Post a Comment